At Warrant, we're building APIs and infrastructure to help developers add authorization and access control to their apps in less than 20 lines of code. Warrant handles the complexity of managing authorization so engineering teams can focus on building their core products.
Turn your code into this.
Why we're building Warrant
- Developers today are building more powerful software products than ever before, but with more features and capabilities comes more complexity. One of those complexities is authorization: What actions can this user perform in my app? What data can they access? etc.
- It wasn’t until we tried implementing role-based access control (RBAC) in our own SaaS side-project that we realized how difficult and time consuming this problem is to solve, even with the many readily available open source authorization libraries.
- Implementing bulletproof access control that changes and grows with your product is non-trivial and takes time to get right. This “detour” can take precious time away from building your product’s actual features.
- Karan and I have built solutions for many authorization and access control challenges at Lyft, Yahoo, Medallia and AppLovin. We understand how to solve these problems once and for all at scale.
- We're building Warrant to abstract and solve authorization and access control at every layer of the stack so you don't have to.
How it works
- Warrant provides APIs you can use to create and manage ‘warrants’ (or access rules) that govern access to your application and its resources.
- You can then protect your resources and features behind ‘warrant’ checks at runtime (for example - protecting access to your admin pages or other admin-only resources).
- In addition to the APIs, the Warrant dashboard provides a simple website where even non-technical users and admins can manage warrants.
- Warrant is flexible and supports any access model from RBAC & ABAC to your own custom model.
Who it's for
- Anyone building web or mobile apps. Some examples: SaaS products with different user tiers (free/paid), internal tools with multiple roles and personas, ecommerce websites with admins, analytics tools with sensitive data, customer support apps etc.
- We're building Warrant for both developers and non-technical users. APIs & SDKs to help developers with integration and an easy-to-use dashboard to allow non-technical users (product managers, support, sales etc) to manage access.
- If you're a developer looking to implement authorization and access control, check out our docs (particularly the quickstart) to get started.
- Email us or join us on Discord if you'd like to chat.
- We're hard at work adding features and making Warrant better. Follow us on Twitter to keep up to date with the latest!
Cheers & happy building! ⚒️